A clearly defined mission, vision, motto, and core values will help ensure that our officers know their daily mission, and fully understand that path along which our department wants to progress. By living the motto of "Integrity-Honor-Service", our department's culture and identity will strengthen; not only internally, but with the members of the community as well.
The purpose of a mission statement is to define the present state and purpose of an organization. It is the mission of the Longport Police Department to safeguard the lives and property of the people we serve, to reduce the incidence of crime, and to enhance public safety while working within the community to improve your quality of life. Our mandate is to do so with honor and integrity, while at all times conducting ourselves with the highest ethical standards to maintain public confidence.
The purpose of a vision statement is to express the aspirations and goals of an organization. We are dedicated to excellence in service through the commitment of our people to teamwork, integrity and our core values. Together we work to be the safest community in New Jersey.
Core values are the fundamental beliefs of an organization.
- Integrity: We conduct ourselves with uncompromising honesty, honor, ethics, and nobility in all situations and relationships.
- Human Dignity: We acknowledge and recognize the value of all people by carrying out our duties with dignity, respect, and deliberate regard to all.
- Justice: We serve our community in an unbiased and impartial manner, applying equal protection to all under the law, and fairly enforcing the rule of law we are sworn to uphold.
- Professionalism: We are accountable to ourselves and the public for the quality of our service. We strive for exceptionalism in standards of proficiency and conduct in all aspects of our duties. We seek to continually improve ourselves, our department, and our community relationships.
- Leadership: Steadfast, resolute leadership is a hallmark of our department. We entrust our members to lead ethically and responsibly within the organization and in the community we serve.
A short phrase chosen to encapsulate the beliefs or ideals that guide that organization.
"Integrity — Honor — Service"