Thank you for your interest in becoming a Borough of Longport Police Officer. Please ensure that you follow all directions and complete all forms in their entirety, failure to do so may affect your eligibly.
New Jersey State Statutes and Borough of Longport Ordinances stipulate that you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States, and a resident of New Jersey;
- Be of sound mind and good physical health;
- Be able to read, write and speak the English language well;
- Have not been convicted of any criminal offense, or offenses involving moral turpitude;
- Minimum age of 21;
- Must have successfully completed high school;
- Have a valid automobile driver's license.
To apply, download the Longport Police Department Application, fill it out on your computer, and return to the Longport Police Department, 2305 Atlantic Avenue, Longport, NJ 08403.