***January 2020 Police Blotter***
During the month of January 2020, the Longport Police Department reported responding to 1,195 calls for service. These calls include:
20 BURGLAR ALARM
2 EMS INCIDENT
5 FIRE INCIDENT
1 MOTOR VEHICLE CRASH
191 MOTOR VEHICLE STOP
56 M.V. SUMMONS ISSUED
5 ORDINANCE VIOLATION
12 PARKING COMPLAINTS
686 PROPERTY CHECK
• Peter J. Albo 54, of Somers Point was taken into custody by Officer Alessandro Morelli for an NCIC warrant out of Hamilton Township. Albo was also issued a motor vehicle summons for Driving while suspended and charged with hindering apprehension and obstruction.
• Kenneth L. Bright Jr 29, of Jacksonville FL was arrested by Officer Frank Lupperger for possession of marijuana under 50 grams. Bright Jr was issued summons for speeding and possession of CDS in a motor vehicle.
• Michael J. Civitella, 59, of Boca Raton FL was arrested on 1/24/2020 by Officer Alessandro Morelli for driving while intoxicated. Civitella was issued summons for driving while intoxicated, Refusal to submit breathe samples and multiple other motor vehicle summons.
• Lisa O. Peteraf 57, of Margate was arrested on 1/26/2020 by Officer Frank Lupperger for an NCIC warrant out of Somers Point.
• Nicholis J. Davis 26, of Atlantic City was arrested on 1/27/2020 by Officer Frank Lupperger for possession of marijuana under 50 grams and Possession of drug paraphernalia. Davis was also issued summons for driving while suspended and multiple other motor vehicle summons.
***In all criminal cases a charged defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty***
As a reminder, anyone with information on a crime or wishing to report a crime can anonymously contact the Longport Police Department at 609-822-2141 or the Atlantic County Crime Stoppers Tip Line at 1-800-658-8477.